What you Need to Start Making Money Online in Kenya

In this post I would like to focus my attention on the prerequisites needed for you to start making money online in Kenya. I have summarized them in  terms of Skills and resources :
Resources required  for you to start making money online in Kenya
  1. Computer 
You need a computer that is reasonably first, you can save for a laptop or just start with a desktop. Personally I started with a very old laptop before I upgraded to several other machines. To just give you a taste on a good start up machine lets look at the current market prices:
Desktop :


 You can buy a desktop for 15 k with the following specifications that will help you make money online without
problems.
  •  Hard disk  40 Gb and above
  • Speed  atleast 2.0
  • RAM 512 but you can also start with 256 then you will upgrade later
  • Monitor : 17 inch TFT to save you desk space
Laptop :


 You can buy a laptop from any outlet but if you want to buy at wholesale price ask me to help you out free of charge. 
  • Hard disk : 160 Gb 
  • Speed : 2.0 and above 
  • RAM 2 GB 
 2) Internet 

I started out with Orange Modem it was reliable and could help you too. I upgraded to Access Kenya cable and I have never changed. On average the costs are as follows :

Orange subscribe the the daily mobile and use that line in the modem, you will have to pay 50 bob per day. So that is Ksh 1500 per month. 

Currently this is the Best Orange Modem Offer



  • Plug and play device
  • Compatible with:
  • Windows 2000
  • Windows XP
  • Windows Vista
  • Mac OS
  • Price: Ksh 1,799

Visit their offices and inquire 
You can as well go for Safcom, YU or Airtel but I have not worked with them and I can't recommend something I have not worked with. Just inquire from them. 

3 . A Diary 

If you are working online, you will meet many people and need to Keep contacts for future and I will tell you much later why keeping a diary while making money online is important. 

Personally I have always bought my diaries from hawkers on Tom Mboya its 100 bob or even less. 

Alternatively get Karatasi Note pad or a place to write contacts. 


Now let's get started making money online in Kenya whichever Village you hail from in Kenya you will enjoy these tutorials after reading my resolve on making money online.








No comments:

Post a Comment